Provincial and territorial health services
- Alberta – Addiction & Mental Health
- British Columbia – Mental Health and Substance Use Supports in B.C.
- Manitoba – Mental Health and Addictions
- New Brunswick – New Brunswick Addiction Centers
- Newfoundland and Labrador – Addiction Services
- Northwest Territories – Getting Help With Addictions
- Nova Scotia – Addiction Services
- Nunavut – Department of Health
- Ontario – Health Care Options
- Prince Edward Island – Addiction Services
- Quebec – Dépendances (alcool, drogues, jeu) (website in French only)
- Saskatchewan – Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Yukon – Mental Wellness and Substance Use Services
Programs for First Nations and Inuit
First Nations communities looking for help with problematic substance use have access to two programs funded by the Government of Canada:
- National Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program (NNADAP)
- National Youth Solvent Abuse Program (NYSAP)
See a list of treatment centres.
Additional services and resources
- Gone too Soon
A handbook developed to help people navigate grief and loss as a result of substance use.
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
Provides leadership in reducing the harm of alcohol and other drugs on society.
- Centre for Youth Crime Prevention
Drug awareness program organized by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
Mental health services, help and support in your community.
- Finding Quality Addiction Care in Canada
A drug and alcohol treatment guide, created in partnership with the Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction.
- Parent Action on Drugs
Develops programs and resources for parents, youth, educators, health promoters and communities related to problematic substance use.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre (British Columbia)
A provincial resource centre that provides mental health and substance use information, resources and peer support to children, youth and their families from across B.C.
- Foundry (British Columbia)
Foundry offers young people ages 12-24 health and wellness resources, services and supports – online and through integrated service centres in seven communities across BC.
- Here to Help (British Columbia)
Provides access to information on mental health, mental disorders, and substance use problems and disorders.